COVID-19 Safety Information
Updated February 16, 2022
Health care leaders work every day to ensure the safety of their patients and teams, and AHA prioritizes the same goal—your health and safety. AHA, therefore, will require participants attending in-person meetings hosted by AHA or AHA affiliates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and will require proof of such vaccination, including for the AHA Advancing Care Conference. For each event, AHA will provide additional details on safety protocols closer to the event start date.
By registering, you acknowledge that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, and that you will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination and also abide by the applicable CDC and local guidelines in order to participate in person at the AHA Advancing Care Conference. If you are not able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination, you will not be permitted to attend the AHA Advancing Care Conference. Should you fail to observe any of our safety protocols, the AHA Advancing Care Conference team may remove you from the Event without a refund.
Due to a recent change in Chicago city ordinances, we are no longer requiring attendees to wear masks while at the AHA Advancing Care Conference. Mask wearing will be up to personal discretion and not enforced by conference staff.
Vaccine Attestation for Conference Attendees
The AHA is partnering with CLEAR to provide attendees with an easy, secure way to complete their health screening before the event. Use CLEAR Health Pass to show proof of vaccination for seamless entry upon arrival. It is recommended that the Clear Health Pass is completed before arriving onsite in Chicago.
Before arriving at the AHA Advancing Care Conference, attendees must link their COVID-19 vaccination information:
- Download the free CLEAR app.
- Tap on the white Health Pass button.
- Select “Have a code?” and enter AHAAdvance2022.
- Create a free account by uploading a photo of a government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license, and snap a quick selfie to confirm you are you. Already a member? Log in and verify with a selfie.
- Follow prompts to upload your proof of vaccination securely. You can add your CDC card, scan a SMART QR code, or link to a health provider.
Show your Health Pass at registration.
- If your Health Pass is green, you’re good to go! Show it to staff upon entrance.
- If your Health Pass is red, visit the help desk at registration for assistance. Additional vaccination status will be required for event entry.
Still have questions? Watch our quick tutorial.
Need further assistance with Health Pass? Contact CLEAR’s Member Care team directly in the CLEAR app by calling 1-855-CLEARME (253-2763) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.