Know Before You Go
This is a brand-new conference experience so we imagine that you might have some questions. If you don’t see the answer that you’re looking for here, let us know with a quick email to AdvancingCare@aha.org.
The in-person conference is Oct. 4-6, 2021, in Chicago. The in-person conference is bookended with optional virtual experiences starting in August and wrapping up in December. This structure ensures each participant creates a customized plan and is supported through successful implementation.
The interprofessional attendees of the Advancing Care Conference are the health care professionals who put ideas into action at their organizations. Conference attendees include:
- Quality and Safety Staff
- Frontline Health Care Staff and Leaders
- Performance Improvement Professionals
- Health Care Educators
Yes and No. The former AHA Team Training National Conference has sunsetted, transformed and expanded into what is now the AHA Advancing Care Conference. If you are familiar with AHA Team Training and its National Conference, you will find everything you love about those experiences...and so much more!
We plan for each attendee to walk away with two key takeaways:
- An actionable plan – Starting virtually in August/September, you will narrow in on a specific challenge you want to solve. At the in-person conference in October, you will be equipped with interactive sessions and design thinking tools to build your plan. When you leave Chicago, you will walk away with immediate and long-term action steps to implement your custom plan
- A community of accountability - The AHA Advancing Care Conference takes conference networking one step further. Not only will you meet health care professionals just like you, but you will also work together both at the in-person conference and in the Advancing Care Virtual Community after you leave Chicago.
The dress code for the conference is business casual.
Your registration fee includes:
- Access to all keynote and breakout sessions and materials during the in-person conference on Oct. 4-6, 2021, in Chicago
- Access to the Advancing Care Virtual Community
- Your customizable action plan
- Three meals (Tuesday breakfast and lunch, Wednesday breakfast) and frequent refreshment breaks
- Two networking receptions
Yes! Teams made up of 3 or more employees from the same organization are eligible for the team rate. Any interested teams should have one representative email the list of attendees to AdvancingCare@AHA.org before registering to receive the discounted rate. See more pricing information.
In adherence to COVID-19 safety protocols, the AHA Advancing Care Conference has been adjusted so that attendees can meet their professional education needs and promote and trusted health care at their organizations. Our COVID-19 protocols follow recommendations from the CDC and prominent public health authorities and have been developed in collaboration with the Hyatt Regency and the Chicago COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. We are keeping all of that in mind as it develops its health and safety plans for the event. Please be assured that we will have, release and directly communicate its health and safety plan for the Event to all attendees and exhibitors in a reasonable timeframe before the Event. If you have questions, please contact AdvancingCare@aha.org. Please find the latest updates and resources on COVID-19 from the AHA.